Sunday 11 January 2015

Basil and Saffy: The War Continues

Basil and Saffy are still not exactly best friends. Progress has been made, look here they are in the same room and no one is hissing:


This is still a rare sight unfortunately.

I can identify 2 key reasons for the continued animosity (apologising in advance for my language).
1. Basil is a total pussy.
2. Saffy is a bit of a dick.
Harsh perhaps, but I'm afraid it's the truth.

Our adorable young Saffron pretty much attacks Basil on sight whenever she's allowed out of the living room. Clearly she's only playing, but she's relentless; slapping him in the face, grabbing his tail, jumping on his back etc. She's a right little monkey.

Now our Basil, instead of dealing with this appropriately, i.e by joining in the playfight, or giving her a proper smack to put her in her place, hisses and runs away. No really, our 6.5kg usually angry Bengal, terror of Stortford, but 6 generations from wild, is running away from a 1kg moggy kitten. I mean, she's small enough to ride him like a horse, and at this rate, he'll probably let her.

Whilst I to some extent admire Basil's display of passivity, and of course I don't want to see Saffy hurt, I really think Basil needs to lay one on her and put a stop to all this silliness. Just one good no-jokes bop on the nose ought to do it I reckon. Everyone knows you have to stand up to bullies.

Hopefully by the next time I post, they'll be like best mates, but until then, here are some pics of them looking cute, in a segregated sort of way:






(She actually put herself to bed like this, no-one else was involved)


No comments:

Post a Comment